Those who adore ice have described the countertop ice maker as a dream that has come true. Once you acquire it, you can prepare as many ice cubes as possible and use them whenever you feel like.
There are various countertop ice maker brands and models in the market. To make a wise choice, you should review them to ensure that you suit that which fits your budget as well as your needs.
Here below are some of the factors that you should consider.
- Portability: you should choose ice maker that is portable such that you can store it in another place but easily place it on the countertop when you want to prepare ice cream.
- Production capacity: the various ice makers have different production capacities. Most of them have their production capacities indicated in their packaging. A typical ice maker can produce a few dozen ice cubes within a period of 20 to 30 minutes.
- Ice bucket capacity: again, the various brands and models have different ice bucket capacity. A typical counter top ice maker has an ice bucket that can hold 1.5 pounds ice.
- Ease of use: the modern ice makers have many enhanced features that make them easy to use. Some of the features that make the device easy to use are LED indicators and electronic controls that are soft to touch for functions such as Add Water and Ice Bucket Full indicators.
- Size: countertop version of ice makers are available in various sizes ranging from small, medium size and large. You should choose ice maker of the size that suits your needs.
- General make: what material is the ice maker made of? Some ice makers are made of plastic while others are made of stainless steel. You should ensure that the machine is made of durable material such as stainless steel which does not rust.
- Energy consumption: you should choose a machine that is energy saving. Most of the brands in the market have their energy consumption rate indicated on the product and packaging as well.
- Ease of cleaning: you need to frequently clean the ice maker so as to ensure that ice cubes that are produced are free of unpleasant taste or dirt.
- Cost: every homeowner or buyer operates within a certain budget limit. You should purchase ice maker that suits your budget.
Even if the icemaker has controls that are easy to use, you are advised to carefully read the manual to ensure that you get the correct information about how to operate it.
Some dealers advise that you should clean the inside of the counter-top ice maker before you use it for the first time. You can do the cleaning by diluting distilled white vinegar with water in the ratio of 1:4 and then run it through the ice maker.